Advent is the season of preparing for the Lord’s coming. Faith Presbyterian Church gives thanks for the ability to worship and in response, we offer our gifts to serve the people who may not be so fortunate.
The Mission Team of Faith Presbyterian Church invites us to Gift Forward by providing for others through Hygiene and School Kits. These are requested by Church World Services (CWS), which will distribute the disaster kits to help those affected by recent hurricanes, fires in our country or around the world.
Every Sunday in December bring in the items listed below for a complete hygiene or school kit. Notice that some items are very specific, as they have to fit into certain mailing packaging.
HYGIENE KIT (seven items)
- One hand towel measuring approximately 15″ x 28″ to 16″ x 32″ (no fingertip, bath, dish towel or micro-fiber)
- One washcloth
- One wide-tooth comb removed from the package
- One fingernail or toenail clipper removed from the package
- One bath-size bar of soap in the wrapper
- Ten standard size Band-Aid
- One toothbrush in the package
- $2 CWS processing fee
SCHOOL KIT (seven items)
- One pair of blunt scissors removed from the package (rounded tip, only)
- Three 70-count bound notebooks or notebooks totaling 200-210 pages (no loose-leaf or filler paper)
- One 30-centimeter / 12” ruler
- One large eraser (no pencil cap erasers)
- One hand-held pencil sharpener removed from the package
- Six new, unsharpened pencils with erasers, removed from the package
- One box of 24 crayons (only 24)
- $2 CWS processing fee
A Gifting Forward Tree will be in the narthex to receive your kit items.
If you do not wish to shop for kit items, but want to help out, each kit costs about $15. You may write a check to Faith Church and note ‘kits’ in memo line.
On Epiphany, Sunday, January 6, between services and after the traditional service, we will have an assembly line to package the kit items.
CWS has been distributing thousands of these kits, recently. More than 21,000 went to survivors of Hurricane Florence, for instance. More are needed and if you can do one for the month or four for the month, all will be accepted with gratitude as we are Gifting Forward to help others during this Advent season.
If you have any questions about any item please direct them to Nancy Curran. 317-371-2871 text or email@example.com.