POSITION DESCRIPTION: Youth Director
PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Pastor, provide leadership for our Middle School and High School age youth.
WORK WEEK:This is a part time, salaried position that is utilized approximately 10 hours per week. This includes preparation and planning of youth group events, including trips and retreats, and leadership at both events.
- Provide opportunities for growth and fellowship through bible studies, discussion, spiritual practices, worship, and mission for our middle and high school youth, including:
- an average of two Sunday evening events per month (August through June)
- Sunday school (August through June), including being present to lead an average of twice a month
- a weekend retreat in fall and spring, ski trip in winter, mission trip and high school denominational conference in summer
- Attend each of our two Sunday morning worship services, once a month
- Execute fundraising for summer youth trips, to offset costs
- Contribute to and support the overall ministry of the church.
- Assimilate new youth into the youth program and follow-up with youth visiting the church and/or youth programs.
- Attend staff and Christian Education Team meetings
- Love of God.
- Love of youth.
- Good communication skills.
- A self-starter, able to work independently and self-motivated.
- An enthusiastic and caring attitude.
- A creative leader of youth.
- Flexibility and sound judgment.
- Ability to recruit and lead adult leaders.
- Ability to support the mission of Faith church.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of reformed theology.
- Experience in youth ministry preferred.
- Head of Staff
- Christian Education Team
- Adult Youth Advisors
- Other staff
EVALUATION: Pastor and the Personnel Committee will conduct reviews in a timely manner and are available as needed for assistance and concerns.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with education and experience.
APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com