We could not have asked for a better week with our students!
This past week they:
- Went Horseback riding
- Went fishing
- Participated in an introductory yoga class
- Played instruments with Arts For a Purpose
- Went Rock wall climbing
- Began our acting and improv class
- Continued our economic justice course
- Made high strides on our summer long art project
- Learned about resume building through our college prep course
- Took a campus tour at IUPUI
- Began our dance club with Khrissy
- Learned about the relationship between poetry and hip hop
- Packed snack packs and hygiene kits to give to Horizon House for those experiencing homelessness
Next week we will continue with our weekly financial justice, community art, and music and dance activities as well as take our last trips to Ft Ben for fishing/horseback riding and to the Crux climbing wall.
We will also have a guest speaker talk to students about becoming 21st Century Scholars, our service learning curriculum will explore causes, consequences and solutions and we will have several club activities for students to choose from as well! Looking forward to another great week with our students!
To volunteer, donate, or learn more about this life-changing organization, go to http://www.share-lt.org/.